Friday, June 18, 2010

BIEBER FEVER

Justin Bieber doesn't even know how much he is loved in Fiji. He is always on the radio and everytime I ask anyone here what their favorite kind of music is the answer is Justin Bieber. I am quite positive that by the time I come home I will know all the words to baby baby. Another thing I have recently discovered is that I would REALLY REALLY like to have a washing machine here. Today was the first time I have done laundry here and it was not so fun. The process included soaking my clothes in a bucket for a long time, then pulling them out and scrubbing them on a wooden board with a bar of soap and a brush. After that I rinsed them out and hung them to dry on the clothes line. I have no doubt that they will be dry in an hour tops due to the INSANE heat that is everyday but especially today, hence the reason that my back is wet. Apart from that though, everything is fantastic. Yesterday a bunch of us wet out to this village to teach some fitness. It was way cool because a lot of the villagers came to participate. It was funny though because our actual fitness part only lasted about 20 minutes but we were there for about 3 or 4 hours. I love this culture because anytime you go to visit someone they will want to talk for a while and then they will feed you, and then sometimes they will want to show you around the village or introduce you to their neighbors so everything takes a long time but I really like it. So when we went to do the fitness they first just chatted with us for a long time. then we had a kava ceremony to welcome us.Kava is crazy and it totally makes your tongue numb, but i tried it anyways. then after that they fed us some sandwiches and cookies and juice which was delicious. finally after all of that we did our excersizing for about 20 minutes. then we played with the little kids which were SOOO cute and played some rugby - touch of course. The after that the locals showed us where they like to go swimming and we went there and swam and jumped off this big rock and stuff and it was way fun. then we did some more stuff which was really cool and fun but this computer is driving me crazy and i'm going to eat.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jammmie D - I love your stories and adventures. You're making me crave some delicious Fijian fruit juice! I NEED PICTURES!!!! Hurry, I'm showing a Taylor Fam Reunion Slide show in like a couple days. I need some stuff ASAP. Love ya - Popsicle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janey!!!! well you gave in and you're a blogger now but i've never been more happy about a decision of yours :) haha sounds like you are having such an amazing time and i agree B-RAD pics are needed!!! love you miss you and dont come home without a brown boy
    -honky

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA....it was too good to be true to hear about the justin bieber fever over in figi. that's freaking hysterical. i guess justin's just destined to follow you eeerrrywhere!!! hahahah.

    sounds like youre having a BLAST girl and im so excited for you!!!!! soak it up babe:):) and im with honky except i have a little revision....dont come back home without TWO brown boys! you know the math:)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete