Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I might be engaged

Yesterday was interesting. I would not say it was anything out of the ordinary but i will say that it makes for a good story therefore i will share. It started out normally, Heather and I went to a kindergarten to help them finish planting their garden. the children were cute, we planted the seeds, they offered us juice and cookies. they also offered us cassava pudding sticks - i don't know what was in them but they were absolutely disgusting. this time i couldn't even pretend to like that food as i do on most days. still, nothing too crazy. then about an hour later we take a bus ride to who knows where to meet up with a woman we don't know. excellent, i love bus rides, you get the nice breeze and you get to sit down for a while. NOPE we got off the bus about a mile too early and what? at the bottom of the giant hill we later climbed with the assistance of an indian man who owns a million acres of sugar cane. so finally we reach this lady's house and she greets us with hugs and kisses and is calling us 'my daughters, my daughters'. she force fed us a little bit and then we went out to do her garden. oh wait, she thought we were going to plant an entire farm! noooooooooooooo. whatever, they put gardening hats on us and we did our little garden anyways. The hats were ridiculous and i'm pretty sure i laughed for about 10 minutes straight at the very funny sight of heather in a gardener hat. finally after we finished the garden, we went back inside to drink some coffee that her single son had made for us. she was very clear that he was her single son and even had us wake him up so that we could meet him. AWKWARD. anyways we then ate more gross food and then she insisted that i get dressed up in an indian sari. i was trying to be polite so i let them dress me. Big mistake - i almost had to wear it home on the bus. but instead she just paraded me around the house to show me off to her family and then told me that i must marry her son. i threw out all the excuses i could think of but she and her husband assured me that he could come to america with me and that i'd be able to finish my school and blah blah blah. FINALLY heather helps me out and tells them that i had a boyfriend back home but no- they told me to have 2 husbands! it was sooo funny but becasue of a little problem i call a LANGUAGE BARRIER i am not sure if i am currently engaged to this man or not. i guess we'll find out eventually.

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh - hilarious and horrifying all at the same time. be careful my little cream puff, be vewy vewy caweful!

    ReplyDelete